Southampton Gospel Choir for all
The Central Hall Community Gospel Choir exists to make music in the local community and to create opportunities for people to sing gospel music in a relaxed and informal setting. Members may join the choir without an audition and do not need to be able to read music, but what the choir lacks in terms of musical experience, it more than makes up for in terms of the sheer hard work and enthusiasm which is put in to ensure a high standard of performance. We meet Monday nights (8-10 pm) at Central Hall Southampton during term time.
The choir takes part in a wide variety of performances and across all sorts of venues, for example:
- Singing Workshops with gospel and jazz experts – Central Hall and elsewhere
- Easter and Christmas celebrations – Central Hall, Romsey Abbey and other venues
- Community events and outdoor arts festivals
- Citywide ecumenical events across a wide spectrum of local churches and Christian gatherings
- Charity Concerts – fundraising in aid of the Salvation Army, Wessex Cancer Trust, Comic Relief
- Christmas Carols – out on the streets of Southampton, West Quay, Bargate and on BBC Radio Solent
- Weddings, social events and celebrations
Interested? Join us – it’s free!
If you love singing, why not come and join us? There are no joining or membership fees at all – all we ask is that you enjoy singing. Contact us to check when and where we are meeting, and then just turn up and join in!